Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Update Post

It was almost like the minute after I started this blog, I found any reason to not write in it. I spent a little while encouraging myself...and then just quit. But, I'm back. I have some changes I am making in my life and I need somewhere to document it for myself. I have much more time to be on the computer doing my own thing now, instead of school, so let's hope it sticks. 

I have decided to try the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan. The book comes Monday, so I haven't actually started it yet. But, I have been following a group on Facebook for a week, and started learning lots of new things. I have been encouraged by the success stories of so many women with the same health issues and challenges I face. I feel like this is my last, desperate effort to get healthy. I am to the point where weight finds me whether I eat or don't eat. Whether I drink a soda or only water. It doesn't matter. My knees are so bad I can barely walk. My back hurts so bad I can barely stand. My legs will literally give out from beneath me if I stand for more than 5 minutes. 

I am only 42. I will be 43 in November. I told myself that I was going to be healthy for the second phase of my life. That was when I was 39. I was going really great at it..and then I just wasn't anymore. I feel like I have seriously hurt my children physically because my daughter is almost as big as I am at the tender age of 19. She wants to meet someone and marry and have children someday, but she doesn't think any of that will happen because of her size. We are so unhealthy. 

So, today is just a day to get me back into logging into this blog. My next entry I will talk more about what my specific health issues are, and what my goals are. I want to be all that I can be to the glory of God....and right now, I am so far from that. 

This is me every time I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror:


I don't want to feel like this anymore. I told my husband today that I know my body will get healthy as I stop eating processed foods and sugar, and that is really good. But, I think the greatest gift of all will be looking at myself in a mirror and being happy with what I see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment! As soon as I have had a chance to review it, it will show up in the comment feed. I intend for this to be a place of friendly discourse, and godly encouragement. If you have anything nasty to say about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, or me...be assured, it won't see the light of day. I won't allow "spewing" to happen here.:) Be blessed!!