Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Taking baby steps with Good Girl Moonshine!

Good Girl Moonshine is something created by Pearl and Serene (authors of Trim Healthy Mama) as an all-day sipper to help you when you need something with some flavor, but has so many health benefits to it as well. It incorporates Raw-Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar (like Bragg's with the "Mother" in it) and ginger with other flavors. Here's a link to the original version. Follow the links --> to learn about the health benefits of the ACV and ginger

Stefani and I tried the original version. It was a little too strong for us, so I made some adjustments that turned out fantastic. I just went crazy with the extracts that I had on hand. 

"Pina Colada" version: 

Quart Ball Jar filled with ice and water
1/2 Lime squeezed in the jar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp Truvia or Stevia with erythritol
1-2 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp coconut extract

Mix well and enjoy.




"Buttered Rum" version. (Yes, it tastes like a buttered rum Lifesaver): Not pictured, but looks very similar to the Pina Colada ^^ version.

Quart Ball Jar filled with ice and water
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp Truvia or Stevia with erythritol
1-2 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp rum extract
1/2 tsp butter flavor extract

Mix well and enjoy.


"Cherry Limeade" version
Quart Ball Jar filled with ice and water
1/2 Lime squeezed and sliced into the jar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp Truvia or Stevia with erythritol
1-2 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 tsp cherry extract

Mix well and enjoy.

This is one of my favorites. :)


My most favorite flavor, so far, is this one- The Lemon-Lime Version:

Quart Ball Jar filled with ice and water
1/2 Lime squeezed and thrown in the jar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp Truvia or Stevia with erythritol
1-2 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp lemon extract

Mix well and enjoy.

SO refreshing!! I liked this one better with 2 Tbl of the ACV. It just seemed to give it a nicer kick. I'm not an alcohol drinker, but I imagine this is the way a "hard" lemonade would taste. 


Of course, you can use less sweetener if you don't like yours as sweet. You can use more apple cider vinegar if you like it to have more kick. I'm still getting used to the whole GGMS thing. The vinegar can be hard to take in large amounts. I find, though, that the more I drink it...the more I like it...hence, the more I add to my moonshine! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment! As soon as I have had a chance to review it, it will show up in the comment feed. I intend for this to be a place of friendly discourse, and godly encouragement. If you have anything nasty to say about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, or me...be assured, it won't see the light of day. I won't allow "spewing" to happen here.:) Be blessed!!