Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Commit My Ways...That Includes My Business




Commit your way to the Lord.....

Commit your way to the Lord....

Commit your way to the Lord....

That's all that kept repeating in my head this morning. I got up and read my Bible in a Year passage. I started the Bible about 2 years ago. lol..yeah....well... anyway, I have been reading the passages from the New Testament, and Psalm/Proverbs in the mornings. This morning was 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 "The Love Chapter", Psalm 37:1-11, and Prov 21:23-24. 

Psalm 37:1-11 NIV "Do not fret because of those who are evil  or be envious of those who do wrong;  for like the grass they will soon wither,  like green plants they will soon die away.  Trust in the  Lord  and do good;  dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Take delight in the  Lord ,  and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the  Lord ;  trust in him and he will do this:  He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,  your vindication like the noonday sun.  Be still before the  Lord    and wait patiently for him;  do not fret when people succeed in their ways,  when they carry out their wicked schemes.  Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;  do not fret—it leads only to evil.  For those who are evil will be destroyed,  but those who hope in the  Lord  will inherit the land.  A little while, and the wicked will be no more;  though you look for them, they will not be found.  But the meek will inherit the land  and enjoy peace and prosperity." (emphasis mine)

I look around from time to time and get discouraged because I see people who don't love God succeeding. Does that mean that God isn't #faithful? No. There is never anything untruthful, deceitful, or disingenuous about God. He is perfect truth all the time! So that stands to reason that God's Word is perfect truth all the time. His Word says that he will "give me the desires of my heart", "He will make my righteous reward shine like the dawn, my vindication like the noonday sun". That must mean that if I am not succeeding...it's me.

Take a minute to reflect here: what am I saying about myself? what am I saying about my business? what am I saying..??? The Word says:

Proverbs 21:23 NIV "Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity."

James 3:910 NIV "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness.  Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be."

Mark 11:23-24 NIV “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.    Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."


Ok, that wasn't at all what I meant to talk about..but, it's still good. 

I am here to talk about committing my ways to the Lord. There are promises in the Bible that flow with, and follow my commitment. "Commit your way to the  Lord ;  trust in him and he will do this:  He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,  your vindication like the noonday sun.  " Commit my ways to the Lord, Lean not on my own understanding, Acknowledge Him in all I do...HE will direct my path. 

Have you ever thought about the fact that the reason we don't succeed is because we go about it the wrong way? We have it all backwards sometimes. Sometimes we have these epic thoughts come in our heads, and instead of acknowledging the fact that this epic thought came from God, we just start planning how to make this epic thought a reality. The first thing we need to realize is that every thought and inspiration is of God, if you are a child of the Most High. HE is the creator of all things..not us. We are so finite in our abilities. We are so human! 

Deut 8:17-18 NIV "You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.”  But remember the  Lord  your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today."

For myself, I have been terrible lately about trying to be epic without God and His grace. I have struggled with trying to make something of myself, and I have stressed myself out completely in the process. I started my commitment to #faithfulness just a few weeks ago. In that time, I have watched successes happen that I had tried so hard to do on my own. I have received "direction" in my business, where before all I felt was confusion. This past weekend some things just "snapped" into place in my mind, and I wasn't even thinking about it. The thought that keeps going through my mind is "The wealth of the world is laid up for the righteous!"

Proverbs 13:22 NIV "A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children,  but a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous."

Hallelujah! If you have a business, and you've wondered "is it ethical to cater to the world?", I say, "Yes, within reason." Is what you are doing going against the Word of God? Are you blaspheming the Holy Spirit? Is it perverse? Would you be embarrassed if another Christian, or your Pastor, found out what you were selling? Is it immoral? Is it straight up satanic? Are you going to be a stumbling block to another Christian? 

I think if you can hold it up to the intense light of the Word, you have the OK from God, and you have peace in your Spirit about it...then it's full steam ahead! The last part about being a stumbling block to another Christian is another thing that needs to be between you and God. If you are seeking God about whether or not your business is appropriate, the Holy Spirit is going to instruct you, and lead you. He will pop those little red flags up if what you are about to embark on is ultimately not going to bring glory to the name of Jesus Christ. He doesn't want you to cause other Christians to fail. And yes, we do need to be sensitive to that. It isn't taught much anymore, but it is in the Bible. 

Matthew 18:6-9 NIV “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.    Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come!    If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.    And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

Having said all of that, there are times that Christians "just don't like" certain things. Their personal view is that something is wrong, without it really being wrong. In this instance, you take what they have to say with a grain of salt. If you have permission from God, you don't need their permission. We should not go out of our way to offend someone, but there are people that go out of their way to be offended, and there is nothing you can do about that. That's between them and God. 

Commit my way to the Lord (quit worrying about those other people!)...

Don't lean on my own understanding and knowledge...

Acknowledge HIM!!! in EVERYTHING!!!....

Let Him lead me down HIS path....

His path...His dreams...are always smoother, and better than mine!...

Watch Him make "easy" something YOU have been struggling with!!...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment! As soon as I have had a chance to review it, it will show up in the comment feed. I intend for this to be a place of friendly discourse, and godly encouragement. If you have anything nasty to say about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, or me...be assured, it won't see the light of day. I won't allow "spewing" to happen here.:) Be blessed!!